Barcodetechnology, an automatic identification technology developed and generated computer application for data collection, in an effective way achieved by automatic scanning of information. There is a wide scope of advantages with barcode.
Business integration process in supply chain management has become very simple and more useful with the use of barcodes. It’s an effective identification tool to track products and also to curtail errors. Different types of supermarkets in the country are into the usage of barcode management and identification system. Barcode was first introduced in supermarkets along image recognition system of mostly used EAN (European Article Number), for this the barcode generation and recognition software is developed. Recognition system generates and identifies barcodes simultaneously making it more convenient and competent for good management and material circulation of medium along with other stores/ outlets.Being affordable, accurate and simple to handle it is widely used, even for personnel management.
Supply chain management has been influenced almost every aspect by barcodes, making it simpler and efficient. For timely and accurate information to operate with better warehouse efficiency and lower inventory on hand employing barcode technology in inventory practices are good.
There are multiple advantages in upgrading barcode scanners. The following are those:
- Increased read rates: A laser scanners have their limitations as it can capture only single lines at a time, thus limiting the ability to “read” information. The new barcode reads using image technology, similar to the one found in digital cameras and microprocessors, thus even the poorly printed or damaged codes are read. The maintenance of the equipment is also minimal.
- Improved Productivity: Supply chain network such as warehouse, transportation providers,retailers and others scans barcodes as per the entering and exit of packagesfrom their facilities. There are sophisticated barcode that can read codedpackages and parcels from a moving conveyor belts. Improved productivity,accuracy and efficiency can be seen in a large warehouses and shipping companies depending on the type of scanner used, these improvements inefficiency plays a vital role in retaining a customer base.
- Improved real time visibility: Data on a product are transmitted to a host computer, or cloud server by the latest digital barcode scanner. Managers, Sales executives, customers and employees- the main stakeholders are able to track the products’ movement and can be ready to take any action if required at their end. The multiple benefits of improved visibility and transparency
- Bottlenecks can be identified and resolved the mangers.
- Reduction is calls from customers as they can track their shipments
- Scheduling and tracking of inventory replenishments on the storefront can be done, leading to better sales.
- To understand/ predict the root cause of delays in the supply chain can be done by storing images and data for later retrieval and analysis.
- Reduced cost: The new improved and advanced technology, the devices are compact and affordable. Even small organisations can also set up without any investment. Modern barcode scanners are compact, powerful devices, have sleek designs, good user interface and in-built flexibility. For the stakeholders to invest on these upgraded machines are always a better proposition.