The Top 5 Shipping Companies in India are as follows:
- Great Eastern Shipping Company – Founded in 1948, it is one of the oldest and biggest shipping company in India. Being the largest private sector shipping company in the country, the company involves in transportation of crude oil, petroleum products, gas and dry bulk commodities.
- Essar Shipping – Being the second largest shipping company in India was started in 1945 and incorporated in 2010. The company is listed in Bombay Stock Exchange. They provide transportation service for bulk commodities and crude oil.
- Shipping Corporation of India – The Shipping Corporation of India is a Government of India Public Sector Enterprise which is one of the largest shipping company in India. It offers break-bulk services, offshore services, container services, passenger services. I was established in the year 1961.
- Shreyas Shipping Company – The Company was founded in the year 1988 but started its operation in the year 1994. Being the Indian flagged vessel owning unit of Transworld Group, Shreyas is a pioneer and market leader in domestic coastal container shipping covering all main ports and container terminals on the Indian coast and is listed on Bombay Stock Exchange and National Stock Exchange of India Ltd.
- Global Offshore Services – Founded in the year 1976, Global offshore Services include transport of cargo and people as well as anchor handling operations is one among the top largest shipping company in India.